Thursday, December 1, 2016

November - Can you believe it?


November Stitching

I'm actually blogging about November on December 1st. Can you believe it?

This is the free peacock design I stitched in hospital and made into a thank you card for my aunt.


And this is one of the reasons I was thanking her. She sent over 2 containers of craft supplies as well as 2 birds she painted.


This fabulous chatelaine was a gift from my secret stitcher. I've used it almost every day since I got it. It's a brilliant idea.


This is Holly Jolly by Country Cottage Needleworks at the start of the Virtual Threads retreat in November.

And here it is finished and ready to send to the recipient. It's been mailed and that's all I'll say on the subject.


These are the floss and fabric for Brooke's Books Advent Animals series. I've just finished Katie Kittie's face so it's going along quite quickly. I'm hoping to get at least 2 done to send to my nephew to put on his tree this year and then I hope to have to rest done for him to use during advent in 2017.



This darling star was a free chart from The Stitchers Village to use in a contest. I didn't get it done in time for the contest. I had to pull out the green Kreinik because there wasn't enough and I've chosen a red jewel effects for the outline and the  DMC floss in a yellow/gold colour shown in the picture to fill in. I'll still get it done so I can put it on the tree this year.


I had a wonderful time at the Virtual Threads retreat as usual and got a lot stitched. That's about all my stitchy news this month.

There's nothing new with the pets this month. Everyone is well.

I had the vac dressing taken off my leg and I'm now just getting conventional bandages put on it. The IV was removed today so I'm finally free from all the tubing, machinery and power cords I've been getting tangled up in. I still have a lot of healing to do. I'll see the surgeon again on Tuesday and hopefully that goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment