Thursday, August 11, 2016

Summer stitching

Well, here we are with another two month blog post. I've been really feeling the fatigue this summer and all the appointments in the Complex Chronic Disease Program leave some weeks very busy and others with not much happening while I'm recovering.

June craft projects


Dragonfly Brooch by Alison Cole. I've got some of the padding pieces down for this stumpwork and goldwork piece. It's been put aside, out of the rotation so I could concentrate on getting projects off my stretcher bars to use in my Basic Canvaswork course.


Psalm 23 by My Big Toe. I've made some progress on this. It's my project for upstairs when my tablet isn't working. I can get quite a bit of stitching done in bed staying out of Bill's way while he's getting ready for work. In the summer, the light is good coming in the window and in good weather I put my camp cot out on the deck and work out there.


 Pacific Rim Sampler by Jeannette Douglas. I started the seagull row. This is another project that's been put away until my course is finished.


What a Nice Pear? by Diane Scott. This is one of the canvaswork projects I've been concentrating on so I can have the stretcher bars. It's far from finished, though.


Canadian Flag by me. I put this together with some 3 ply cardboard and felt for Canada Day. Usually, my neighbour goes all out for the holidays but she was away this year and the front deck was looking bare of decorations. I'll have to try to  straighten the sides up a little before next year but I liked it so much I left it up all month.

Birthday presents

This pattern and card came from my Birthday and Christmas secret stitcher. I've ordered some special fabric for the Hedgehog House. I'm looking forward to starting it. I'll still need to order the threads.


I also went shopping with some gift cards and got a couple magazines, Purdy's chocolate, Dairy Queen ice cream and I treated myself to bubble tea, sushi and a frappe while I was at the mall. It was tiring but a good day. I also met my friend there for a little visit just before the handy dart came to take me home.


This was another great present I received as a secret stitcher exchange. It has a Dimensions kit Beautiful Bird, a home made bag, card and pin. I had a great birthday and it lasted most of the month. With the present from my mom, I renewed my guild membership. I was so thankful to get that or I may not have been able to renew. I also got some other money in from surveys which wasn't for my birthday but arrived at a good time to purchase some stitching supplies.


On the same day I made the flag, I also put these cups together for the birds to play with. They're stuffed with shredded paper and treats that they like to eat and a few small foot toys.


July stitching

First snow by Carolyn Mitchell. The top right quadrant is finished. I started the snowflake but ran into some difficulties so I've put it aside for awhile.


I had a few moments of craziness this month. I had three new starts. This is Heaven and Earth Designs Randal Spangler's Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. It's the project I'm doing for the current HAED challenge.


New start #2 Golden Kite Lady Godiva. I worked on this in July for the GK weekend SAL and got a couple 10x10 squares done. I've put it away for now.


Start #3 Dimensions Kit Beautiful Bird (birthday present - see June above). It's a peacock, I just had to start it. It's also put away as it's a little big to work on without a hoop and I didn't have a spare one.


 This is a cute little hedgehog card by Margaret Sherry that a friend gave me for my birthday. It felt odd working on Aida again after so long on linen but my HAED piece is on Aida too so I'll get in practice again. This is the project I'm taking to Dr's appointments so it's taking longer than it would if I just sat down and worked on it.


Floral Tranquillity by Heartfelt Designs. Since I'm writing this in August, I can tell you I've actually finished the stitching on this. Yay, Happy Dancing! but I'll make you wait until the next blog post to see it. Maybe I'll have figured out the framing by then. 


I've also been doing the sample stitches for my Canvaswork course. They aren't very exciting but I'm getting ideas on how to use them for my projects.

I took part in a Christmas in July ornament exchange on The Stitcher's Village. This is the one I received from my friend, Val.


Thanks to the Inspiration pass that my husband borrowed from the library, we got to make a trip to the Vancouver Aquarium. The Handy dart got us there really early so we spent the time taking a few photos before we went in. Here's a picture he took of me in my lovely BC Parks bucket hat. It was a pretty hot day.


This post is getting long so I'll save the aquarium photos for the next one.

amazon.ca

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have been busy :) Really jealous of your dragonfly brooch, I really should have signed up for that one when it was offered.

    ReplyDelete